Welcome to College Courses Online!
I am Dr. Anne Goiran Bevelhimer, founder of College Courses Online, a provider of non-degree, graduate level professional development courses in partnership with nationally accredited universities for teachers K-12 to meet their continuing education needs.
College Courses Online has worked with teachers since 1983, first as “Dr. Anne Goiran & Associates”, providing onsite face-to-face classes in Colorado. In 1997, we launched www.collegecoursesonline.com to test market an online course for MCREL (Mid-Continent Regional Educational Laboratory) and since then, we transitioned all of our course offerings to an online independent study format offering the flexibility and ease of taking classes in an “anywhere, anytime” asynchronous format.
Here is a little about my credentials:
- ED.D. University of Northern Colorado, 1983, in Curriculum and Instruction.
- 30+ years of experience as an educator; classroom teacher K-12, and since 1983 adjunct and affiliate faculty member with Lesley University and Adams State University.
- Established College Courses Online in 1997, offering online and independent graduate level courses for teachers, K-12.
- Presenter at Colorado Council International Reading Association conference.
- Inservice training for school staff, particularly on the topic of boys and literacy.
- Written and developed over 25 courses for teachers for personal and professional growth.
- Published Writing Strategies for Boys (good for girls, too!), Journal of Liberal Arts and Science. Fall 2008.
- Volunteer work with schools and teachers through classroom visits, leadership council, and college advisory with teens.
- Continuous research and writing of new courses to meet educators personal and professional development needs to meet content knowledge and state standards and Common Core State Standards.
I am proud to say that College Courses Online has the pleasure of serving thousands of professional educators across the country, helping them to meet their state/district requirements for professional development, re-licensure, becoming “Highly Qualified” in English, and qualify to move up the salary scale. We have developed some wonderful relationships with educators who often come back for more classes. Our professional development courses receive high regard for their content knowledge as well as their practical application to the classroom. We are often thanked for our personal feedback and we in turn enjoy working and learning with you.
I invite you to join us and look forward to meeting you.