How It Works
Professional development courses through College Courses Online, in association with nationally accredited universities, are self-paced, online, independent studies offered in an “anywhere, anytime” format for the flexibility that busy teachers need to earn graduate level credit or continuing education credits to renew their teaching license, get highly qualified in a content area or move up the salary scale. With the end in mind, decide what you need to fulfill your professional development needs before you register. You may want a transcript from a nationally accredited university partnered with CCO or a Certificate of Completion showing your course completion in Carnegie Units.
Your course. Your credit. Your choice.
Here is how it works at College Courses Online:
Start a course ANYTIME. Right now if you want!
- Review the professional development course offerings in the Course Catalog. Choose a course(s) that interest you.
- Review the nationally accredited universities and colleges associated with College Courses Online on the home page. Choose the accrediting option that best meet your professional development needs. Follow the registration directions on the university page.
- Check with your school district and/or state licensing agency to verify the professional development courses you’ve chosen will meet your district and/or state requirements for educator re-licensure, or meet criteria for “highly qualified” in a content area or qualify for district salary advancement.
- Just need a Certificate of Completion to meet your professional development requirements? Request a College Courses Online Certificate at the completion of your course work and it will be emailed to you. The Certificate will list your name, the title of the course and the number of credit hours in Carnegie Units (15 hours = 1 credit).
- When you register for your courses(s) you will receive your course materials in a pdf format, similar to an ebook. You can download it to your desktop.
- Start your course work anytime! Work at your own pace.
- Take the course ANYWHERE you go. Submit your responses by email when you have WiFi.
- Send your assignments one by one or all at once.
- Your time is yours to manage; you may complete a course in as little as 6 weeks (or less with Instructor approval) or take up to a year from YOUR date of registration. There are no due dates for assignments other than your end date and no discussion groups you must schedule and attend.You are free to organize your professional learning to best suit YOU.
- You will receive written feedback and acknowledgement from the instructor on your assignments. This is a hallmark at College Courses Online. We have developed some great relationships in our dialogues with you, and learned from you, too!
And that’s it! We want to create a simple and easy process for you to achieve your learning goals and meet your professional development needs while having a great experience taking an online course with College Courses Online!